[Samba] Can not change the share permissions

Rommel Rodriguez Toirac rommelrt at nauta.cu
Thu Apr 6 21:24:45 UTC 2017

El 6 de abril de 2017 15:43:11 GMT-04:00, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escribió:
>On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:19:04 -0400
>Rommel Rodriguez Toirac via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> I follow your guides to configure the Domain member server and the
>> file server. In this message I send the result of some checks that
>> you propouse in this guide plus other that I read in some messages of
>> the list.
>>
>> Refered to smb2 error I used the solution propupoused, "server
>> signing" with all option (default, mandatory, disabled and auto) and
>> always the same answer.
>>
>> Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
>> rommelrt at nauta.cu
>>

>OK, if I do this:
>sudo net rpc rights list privileges
>[sudo] password for rowland:
>Enter root's password:
>
>I get this:
>
>Bad SMB2 signature for message
>[0000] 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
>[0000] E7 45 31 59 C0 1A 77 A8   F1 FB 5B 74 9F F6 8D 79   .E1Y..w.
>..[t...y
>Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
>Connection failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>
>So that doesn't work
>
>This didn't either:
>
>net rpc rights list privileges -UAdministrator
>Failed to init messaging context
>
>But this does:
>
>sudo net rpc rights list privileges -UAdministrator
>Enter Administrator's password:
>     SeMachineAccountPrivilege  Add machines to domain
>     SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege  Take ownership of files or other objects
>             SeBackupPrivilege  Back up files and directories
>            SeRestorePrivilege  Restore files and directories
>     SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege  Force shutdown from a remote system
>      SePrintOperatorPrivilege  Manage printers
>           SeAddUsersPrivilege  Add users and groups to the domain
>       SeDiskOperatorPrivilege  Manage disk shares
>           SeSecurityPrivilege  System security
>
>These were all run a Unix domain member, so it sounds like your
>problems are down to a permissions problem.
>
>Rowland

Thank Rowland for answer my email;

You right, my mistake:

root at gtmpve ~]# net rpc rights list privileges -UAdministrator
Enter Administrator's password:
     SeMachineAccountPrivilege  Add machines to domain
     SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege  Take ownership of files or other objects
     SeBackupPrivilege  Back up files and directories
     SeRestorePrivilege  Restore files and directories
     SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege  Force shutdown from a remote system
      SePrintOperatorPrivilege  Manage printers
      SeAddUsersPrivilege  Add users and groups to the domain
       SeDiskOperatorPrivilege  Manage disk shares
       SeSecurityPrivilege  System security

But, the problems still there.

 I can not set Security permissions (using the Security tab) to shared folders or directory using Windows ACL because say Access denied; but in the Shared permissions tab I can change, add or something else permissions or groups or users.

Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
rommelrt at nauta.cu