[Samba] Good Bye SAMBA?!?!?

Rodrigo Cunha rodrigo.root.rj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 21:04:18 UTC 2016

Hello man,  Samba is not Linix, samba is a project by free license.
Linux is a S/O too free license and not service, the samba is a software
with source code open, the windows AD code probabely content code like a
samba before  the AD code is not open and anyone developer or enginear
cold be use the code and logic in the code.
Linux =  S/O
Samba is not Linux, samba is Free...
But i have the philosophy, i use what works.

> Am 27.09.2016 um 21:02 schrieb Gilberto Nunes via samba:
>
>> I am sad, today! I start to study how windows deal with CIFS, Active
>> Directory and DFS, I just decide follow the other path!
>> I will give a try to windows tools....
>> The question is: why Linux doesn t have such tools to help and improve
>> server deployments?!?
>> Everything will be easier than go to linux console and try and try and try
>> and nothing happen!
>>

> when you don't like a console maybe linux is not your OS
> on windows a feel pure hate because there is no useable console
>
> So, for now on, I will use Windows tool in my servers...
>> I know many of you guys, just love Linux... I also love Linux, but came
>> on!
>> We have a hard way to do thing works properly...
>>
>> In Windows everything is just forward straight ahead.....
>>

> if "it magically works without any control" is good enough for you maybe
> windows is the right thing - when i look at a simple windows 10
> installation that needs as much storage as most of our servers together for
> just have a edge-browser and nothing else - well, i could puke and i had
> enough of any windows installation around 10 years ago
>
> yes it was a hard way, it took time, it took try out many things - but
> compared to a server which acts like a blackbox - fine if it's good enough
> for you - before i ever in my live setup a windows machine (and the same
> for apple) i just leave the IT as a whole,,,,
>

> --

Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha