[Samba] Good Bye SAMBA?!?!?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 27 20:37:42 UTC 2016

Am 27.09.2016 um 21:02 schrieb Gilberto Nunes via samba:
> I am sad, today! I start to study how windows deal with CIFS, Active
> Directory and DFS, I just decide follow the other path!
> I will give a try to windows tools....
> The question is: why Linux doesn t have such tools to help and improve
> server deployments?!?
> Everything will be easier than go to linux console and try and try and try
> and nothing happen!

when you don't like a console maybe linux is not your OS
on windows a feel pure hate because there is no useable console

> So, for now on, I will use Windows tool in my servers...
> I know many of you guys, just love Linux... I also love Linux, but came on!
> We have a hard way to do thing works properly...
>
> In Windows everything is just forward straight ahead.....

if "it magically works without any control" is good enough for you maybe
windows is the right thing - when i look at a simple windows 10
installation that needs as much storage as most of our servers together
for just have a edge-browser and nothing else - well, i could puke and i
had enough of any windows installation around 10 years ago

yes it was a hard way, it took time, it took try out many things - but
compared to a server which acts like a blackbox - fine if it's good
enough for you - before i ever in my live setup a windows machine (and
the same for apple) i just leave the IT as a whole,,,,