[Samba] Fix sharing ACL

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 25 12:43:11 UTC 2016

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:16:29 +0000 (UTC)
Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear Rowland,
> I changed smb.conf as its tip.
> I had already read about the ACL's Windows and Posix.
> Even changing the smb.conf and using the ACL methods, I still do not
> write access to the folder.
>
> Example:
>

> # mkdir /mnt/data/teste1
> # ls -all  /mnt/data/teste1
> total 12
> drwxrws---+  2 administrator domain admins    6 Out 25 10:05 .
> drwxrwxr-x+ 10 root          domain admins 4096 Out 25 10:05 ..
>
> # chmod 2770 /mnt/data/teste1
> # chown administrator:"Domain Admins" /mnt/data/teste1
>
> Logged in as administrator / domain admin, still I get access denied
> error when I try to create a file in this folder.

What ID does 'Administrator' have ? it should be '0'

If you are following the windows ACLs page on the wiki, you shouldn't
use the Unix tools on the share directory, do any changes from windows.

Can I suggest you add this line to smb.conf:

username map = /etc/samba/user.map

Where '/etc/samba' is the path to smb.conf.

create /etc/samba/user.map with this content:

!root = DOMAIN\Administrator DOMAIN\administrator Administrator
administrator

Replace 'DOMAIN' with your workgroup name.

This will map 'Administrator' to the Unix user 'root'

Rowland