[Samba] security ID is invalid with samba 4.3.11 from ubuntu repository

Ing. Yosel L�zaro Vera Gonz�lez ylvera at uci.cu
Wed Oct 5 22:13:02 UTC 2016

!!! Regards

I'm trying to install samba4 from the ubuntu 16.04 repository, it's the samba 4.3.11.
I'm doing tests on the server and I can't authenticate with smbclient tool.

This is the smbclient messages
 # session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID

This is the log from the log.smb file
 # Unable to convert second SID (S-1-5-21-2947096538-1722629757-1878579479-513) in user token to a GID.  Conversion was returned as type 0, full token

This is the smb.conf file generated by samba-tool domain provision
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = EXAMPLE
        realm = EXAMPLE.COM
        netbios name = DC1
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd$
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/example.com/scripts
        read only = No
[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No

And when I trying to join a windows workstations it throw the following message
 The security ID structure is invalid

The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016,
[extended] deadline: september 30th.
Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, plazo de envío de trabajos hasta el 30 de septiembre.
http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/