[Samba] ldb-tools stand alone different than built-in?

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Sun Oct 2 22:52:50 UTC 2016

I'm working with the Centos 7 packages for Samba 4.2.10 and I note that the
stock packages don't include the ldb tools (eg, ldbmodify, ldbsearch, etc).

I did find a stand along centos package that contains these tools from
here:  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LDB

However, the stand along tools don't seem to be aware of the Active
Directory schema.   For example, if I try to use these tools to add an
attribute to the Active Directory schema using :  --option="dsdb:schema
update allowed"=true'

The stand alone tools say they don't know that this --options input means.

Is there a difference syntax for these stand alone tools?

--
Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali SME Server
www.koozali.org

SME Server user, contributor, and community member since 2000