[Samba] db check fails

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Mon Nov 21 20:04:47 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-21 12:55, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:

> Hello Louis,
>
> Am 21.11.2016 um 11:01 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
>
>> @Marc, this is nothing fancy.
>>
>> This script use the commands as the samba wiki wants us too.
>> https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-check-db-repl.sh
>> check DB replication. : a 2 way database replication checker.
>> Using the commands: samba-tool dbcheck and samba-tool ldapcmp --filter=..
>
> I did not want to be rude. The original post contained no information
> that enables people here to help without knowing the script. He talked
> only about a "db script check" without any detail what it it is, where
> to download, what it does, or what the error is.
>
> Without knowing the script, nobody can help. Maybe it is incompatible or
> no longer maintained. That's why I suggested to ask the author directly.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Forgive me Mr. Muehlfeld. I want you to know that I have the utmost
respect for your thoughts.

As the OP, my initial post was addressed to "Louis", as I knew he would
be the only one to have an answer to my question because it was his
script. Yes, it was short of needed information and I do apologize for
that.

I did that knowing that Louis **normally** is watching the mailing list.

My apologies for upsetting anyone. Sorry.