[Samba] Trust between Samba DC and Windows DC

Csőke János janos at csoke.eu
Sat Nov 19 13:22:59 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have a problem with Samba. I use Samba 4.1.17 (because my company's
security policy deny Samba upgrade) on Debian.
I created a Samba Active Directory Domain Cotroller with linux.local and a
Windows Active Directory Domain Controller with windows.local domain (I
used Windows Server 2012 R2). I am need to create a smb share in Linux and
autheticate users from windows.local domain and need to create also a share
in Windows with authenticate from linux.local domain.

I created a two-way external trust in Windows MMC console, and the
wizard establish a trust, but not working well. The windows side is
working. I created a windows share and authenticate form linux.local like a
dream.
But I can't create Samba share in Linux and authenticate from windows.local
domain. Samba said when I try access to the share with windows.local user:
'Account unknow'. I think the domain trust is not working well.

Can somebody help me?

Best regards,
János Csőke