[Samba] CTDB and samba private dir (+ldap)

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Nov 11 01:37:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 11:24:26 +0000, lejeczek via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 09/11/16 23:28, Martin Schwenke via samba wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:05:32 +0000, lejeczek via samba
> > <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> >
> >> an attempt to set up a cluster, I'm reading around and see
> >> some howto writers would say to put "private dir on the FS
> >> cluster" - one question I have: is this correct? necessary?
> > No, this is not necessary.
> >
> > Where are you seeing this?  If it is in any documentation on samba.org
> > then I'll fix it...
> not on samba.org (although have not plough through it), but
> glusterfs own howtos (a various referring to gluster) say to
> put it there.
>
> https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/glusterfs-high-availability-through-ctdb/
> - but cannot see they say why.

That was needed a long time ago.

I've tried signing up for a Rackspace community account so I can leave
some suggestions for fixes to the page (or fix it) but the sign-up page
is broken.  If I manage to get an account then I'll fix it and add
pointers to the latest samba.org documentation.

peace & happiness,
martin