[Samba] CTDB and samba private dir (+ldap)

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 11:24:26 UTC 2016

On 09/11/16 23:28, Martin Schwenke via samba wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:05:32 +0000, lejeczek via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> an attempt to set up a cluster, I'm reading around and see
>> some howto writers would say to put "private dir on the FS
>> cluster" - one question I have: is this correct? necessary?
> No, this is not necessary.
>
> Where are you seeing this?  If it is in any documentation on samba.org
> then I'll fix it...
not on samba.org (although have not plough through it), but
glusterfs own howtos (a various referring to gluster) say to
put it there.

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/glusterfs-high-availability-through-ctdb/
- but cannot see they say why.

I my case - ldap is the backend so I'm even more dubious.