[Samba] samba4 on centos 7 won't promote to dc

Miso Rapajić misorapajic at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:03:43 UTC 2016

Hello everyone

I have successfully deployed samba 4.4.2 on Centos7 as PDC. I had to use
BIND9_DLZ because samba_internal was not working. I have successfully
joined win7 machine to a domain and with RSAT I can add user, GP etc.. This
was all possible but with a more than a few tweaks but I have some
questions. But at this time only one is bugging me crazy.

1. When I configure the makefile of samba 4.4.2 with the following
"./configure" , samba won't promote to dc no matter what I enter. I do a
testparm and server is always ROLE STANDALLONE .
But when I do "./configure --enable-selftest --enable-debug
--prefix=/opt/samba/ --sysconfdir=/etc/samba/
--includedir=/usr/include/samba4/ --bindir=/bin/ --sbindir=/sbin/
--mandir=/usr/share/man/"   it will promote it no problem. Why is that?

--prefix        : installation directory
--sysconfdir    : smb.conf should be places
--includedir    : includes the header files for C compilers
--bindir        : user executables
--sbindir       : system admin executables
--mandir        : man pages to be placed

Thanks everyone

--
*Michael*