[Samba] Rights issue on GPO

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Jun 21 08:41:13 UTC 2016

Hi Achim,

On 21-6-2016 0:01, Achim Gottinger wrote:
> Hi MJ and Rowland,
>
> I did abit of testing last week (two debian jesie servers with sernet
> 4.2 samba packages). Seems when rsync is run against rsyncd or involved
> via xinet as it is described in the wiki the user and group mapping does
> not work and uid and gid numbers are used. If I used rsync via ssh the
> mapping works and there is no need for idmap.ldb to be in sync.
>
> achim~

I have read your earlier message in this thread, yes.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly:

You are observing that rsync as a client against rsyncd DOES copy the
acls, but not by name, but by using nummerical values instead?

(like it's configured with with --numeric-ids, on the daemon or on the
client?)

If I understand things correctly, that would contradict almost all
documentation I can find on rsync / permissions and (extended) acls??

MJ