[Samba] Rights issue on GPO
achim at ag-web.biz
Mon Jun 20 22:01:31 UTC 2016
Am 20.06.2016 um 21:03 schrieb Rowland penny:
> On 20/06/16 19:35, lists wrote:
>> Hi Rowland, list,
>> On 20-6-2016 20:04, Rowland penny wrote:
>>> If you are using Sernet 4.4.4 packages, you must have a Sernet
>>> subscription, you may get quicker help there.
>> Well I'm not sure this kind of support is included, but even if it
>> were, then others would not benefit from the dialogue with their
>> support. :-)
> Fair enough, but I would want something for my money :-D
>>> I was wrong, if you are using 4.2.0 or later, you do not need to sync
>>> idmap.ldb, winbindd should report the correct user/groupname.
>> It does do that on all DCs, yes.
>>> try running getfacl on the sysvol dir, you should get something like
>>> root at dc1:~# getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>>> You should have two mapped users/groups and two unmapped ones.
>>> Repeat on the other DCs, then open 'idmap.ldb' on each DC with ldbedit
>>> and check that the unmapped ones are mapped to the same windows RIDs,
>>> which should be CN=S-1-5-18 and CN=S-1-5-11
>> So, they are the same on DC2 and DC3, but the xid for CN=S-1-5-18 is
>> different on DC4 (DC4 is 3000024, compared to 3000300 on the DC2/DC3)
>> Also getfacl /var/lib/samba/sysvol looks very different on DC4:
>>> root at dc4:~# getfacl /var/lib/samba/sysvol/
>>> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
>>> # file: var/lib/samba/sysvol/
>>> # owner: root
>>> # group: BUILTIN\134administrators
>> So the 'unmapped group' 3000300 has become a domain group.
>> I'm guessing that we need to solve this. Could you tell me how?
>>> If they are all the same, no problem, if not, then we will come to that
>>> if we have to :-)
>> Well, then if you would be so kind...? ;-)
>> Thanks very much Rowland!
> OK, I take it that 3000009 points to CN=S-1-5-11 and it is just
> CN=S-1-5-18 that is wrong by pointing at proxmox$ (which incidentally,
> is one of your computers)
> Try backing up idmap.ldb, then open idmap.ldb in ldbedit, find and
> delete the stanza that holds CN=S-1-5-18, it will look like this:
> dn: CN=S-1-5-18
> cn: S-1-5-18
> objectClass: sidMap
> objectSid: S-1-5-18
> type: ID_TYPE_BOTH
> xidNumber: 3000002 # NOTE: your number will be different!
> distinguishedName: CN=S-1-5-18
> Just delete it and then close & save your editor, run 'net cache
> flush' and then let Samba recreate the record.
Hi MJ and Rowland,
I did abit of testing last week (two debian jesie servers with sernet
4.2 samba packages). Seems when rsync is run against rsyncd or involved
via xinet as it is described in the wiki the user and group mapping does
not work and uid and gid numbers are used. If I used rsync via ssh the
mapping works and there is no need for idmap.ldb to be in sync.
More information about the samba