[Samba] [samba] MS DNS console for reverse zones issue

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:30:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Back on digging into some ldapsearch issue I opened MS DNS console to check
reverse zones and found that all records in my reverse DNS zones are shown
with 5 bytes rather 4:
A.B.C.C.D rather than A.B.C.D

Zones are B.A.in-addr.arpa. Under these zones there are one "directory" per
"C" byte.
Using MS DNS console to add new entries is working well, entry is added and
then shown with form A.B.C.C.D.

Deletion of these entries through MS DNS console is not working.

Our AD domain is composed with several Samba DC. Some were running 4.4.4,
some were running 4.4.3.
An update of all DC to 4.4.4 is in progress.

Our MS clients are Windows 7.

Did someone already faced that issue?