[Samba] [samba] MS DNS console for reverse zones issue

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:10:57 UTC 2016

All DC updated to last Samba 4.4.4, issue is the same.

In the console, addresses are A.B.C.D:
Left panel shows:
B.A.in-addr.arpa
\_ C

Right panel shows:
A.B.C.C.D   PTR some-name.ad.domain.tld

DNS entries are correctly added by MS DNS console (host A.B.C.D replies
some-name.ad.domain.tld) but the console can't manage these records.

It's like there is confusion with this sub-container "C", as if it re-added
by MS DNS console to display name in right panel.