[Samba] id shows only primary group on domain member server

Daniel Thielking daniel.thielking at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 16 06:57:21 UTC 2016

@ Rowland
I'm using the same configuration on a different domain member with
CentOS7.2 with packaged samba4 RPM's from OS. If I try to use `id
USERNAME` i get the output in a complete version e.g. uid=USERNAME
gid=PRIMARY groups=PRIMARY, SUPGROUP1, SUPGROUP2.
Because of the parameter :
     template shell = /bin/false
I read that this parameter is active just in case if no loginshell was
set in the AD. In my opinion Security feature to prevent users to login
without loginshell ;-).

I set all Unix-Attributes (RFC2307) in AD e.g.:

     NIS-Domain: SAMDOM
     UID: Chosen by ADUC
     Login-Shell: /bin/tcsh
     Home-Directory: /home/USERNAME
     GID: PRIMARY

For the SUPGroups I am using the member of tab in ADUC.
Mentioned above ALL works on the member server with packaged RPM's and
NOT on the compiled on mentioned earlier in my mails.

@Volker
If i enter "wbinfo -a USERNAME" I get following output:

     Enter USERNAME's password:
     plaintext password authentication succeeded
     Enter USERNAME's password:
     challenge/response password authentication succeeded

I hope it helps. Thanks guys!