[Samba] Problems with OS X 10.11.5

Thu Jun 2 13:26:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 01:59:17PM +0200, mathias dufresne wrote:
> What would we have to do to get that hardware performance improvement?

Talk to metze :-)

> Just upgrade Samba to some version patched with Metze stuffs or is there
> also some drivers to be compiled and loaded into Kernel?

I believe Metze's patches require OpenSSL, but he needs to comment on
that.

> The hardware seems to be included directly in CPU:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_accelerator
> gave me:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set

Yep. Samba does not use that directly but utilizes some crypto
library. Given that there's dozens of "standard" crypto libraries out
there with varying algorithm/hardware/nameit support, it's a bit
difficult to implement for general use.... https://xkcd.com/927/

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de

SerNet & BSI laden ein: 29. Juni 2016,
2. IT-Grundschutztag 2016, BPA Berlin.
Anmeldung: https://www.sernet.de/gstag