[Samba] Problems with OS X 10.11.5

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:22:08 UTC 2016

Thank you for these information.

Searching for "OpenSSL AES hardware" I found these two links:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security_Guide/sect-Security_Guide-Encryption-OpenSSL_Intel_AES-NI_Engine.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25284119/how-can-i-check-if-openssl-is-support-use-the-intel-aes-ni

>From the second I found a test to check openssl performances with some
export to disable hardware acceleration:
# Disabling acceleration
export OPENSSL_ia32cap="~0x200000200000000"
# The test:
openssl speed -elapsed -evp aes-128-ecb

>From the first link I found how to check the CPU is able to get hardware
acceleration:

grep -m1 -o aes /proc/cpuinfo

Tests done on VMs: same performances with or without exporting, checking
into /proc/cpuinfo no AES flag into the VMs, I was missing CPU directive
into my libvirt xml files related to VMs:
  <cpu mode='host-model' />

And now AES flags is also in the VMs and "openssl speed -elapsed -evp
aes-128-ecb" runs almost as fast inside VMs as on the host.

With all that (patch + aes enabled) we should have encryption possibility
and performance...