[Samba] Samba 4.4.5 segmentation fault on Darwin

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 31 09:10:23 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-07-30 at 17:13 -0500, Michael A Weber wrote:
> First:  Long-time samba user (since 2004), and my first reach-out to
> everyone, so thank you for the great work!
>
> New issue:  Both joining an AD domain and smbd fail with a
> segmentation fault on the Mac.  I’ve tried to debug it the best I can
> but I’m not a C developer and can’t figure out what is the cause.
>
> For smbd, I have the log errors and the stack trace from it which I
> hope will provide some clues.  For net ads join, I have it on full
> debug (-d 10), but the only thing I get is the segmentation fault at
> the end.  If there is a log file which may have more of a clue, I
> don’t know where to find it, but I’ll be happy to get any information
> out of it that I can.
>
> I know…  I hear the groans already.  “Mac OS X????”  Yep…  I
> know.  Sadly, I need to configure a Mac OS X machine as a member
> server to an AD domain.  I know…  YUCK.  However, it’s something I
> must do.

:-)

I'm glad to hear it is compiling these days.  For the longest time
there were bugs complaining that we didn't even compile.

> I’m going to attempt to provide information that may help to identify
> the problem, but if there is anything else needed, I’ll do what I can
> to get it.  Please just let me know.

If you are not printing, try setting:

disable spoolss = yes.

That might work around it.  To get us the info we need getting a gdb
backtrace from the crashing process or the resulting core would be very
helpful.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett