[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 7 11:24:39 UTC 2016

Am 07.01.2016 um 12:00 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> Ok
>
> .. maybe if seen something, dont know for sure, so Rowland, what do you think about below.
>

> Post the result of :
>
> klist -e -k /etc/krb5.keytab

Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
----
    1 host/server1.my.domain.tld at my.domain.tld (des-cbc-crc)
    1 host/server1.my.domain.tld at my.domain.tld (des-cbc-md5)
    1 host/server1.my.domain.tld at my.domain.tld (aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 host/server1.my.domain.tld at my.domain.tld (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 host/server1.my.domain.tld at my.domain.tld (arcfour-hmac)
    1 host/server1 at my.domain.tld (des-cbc-crc)
    1 host/server1 at my.domain.tld (des-cbc-md5)
    1 host/server1 at my.domain.tld (aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 host/server1 at my.domain.tld (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 host/server1 at my.domain.tld (arcfour-hmac)
    1 server1$@my.domain.tld (des-cbc-crc)
    1 server1$@my.domain.tld (des-cbc-md5)
    1 server1$@my.domain.tld (aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 server1$@my.domain.tld (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
    1 server1$@my.domain.tld (arcfour-hmac)

What difference does it make for 1st and 2nd DC?

> i see in your logs.
> AS key obtained for encrypted timestamp: aes256-cts/000A
>
> In my setup, i dont have aes256-cts available in my keytab, do you?
>
> You can try adding this, to krb5.conf.
>
> ; for Windows 2003
> ;    default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
> ;    default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
> ;    permitted_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
>
> ; for Windows 2008 with AES
> ;    default_tgs_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
> ;    default_tkt_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
> ;    permitted_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

Why, what will it do? I don't have any Windows servers...