[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 7 11:00:04 UTC 2016

Ok

.. maybe if seen something, dont know for sure, so Rowland, what do you think about below.

Post the result of :

klist -e -k /etc/krb5.keytab

i see in your logs.
AS key obtained for encrypted timestamp: aes256-cts/000A

In my setup, i dont have aes256-cts available in my keytab, do you?

You can try adding this, to krb5.conf.

; for Windows 2003
;    default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
;    default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
;    permitted_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

; for Windows 2008 with AES
;    default_tgs_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
;    default_tkt_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
;    permitted_enctypes = aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

And IF your firewalling port 53, make sure you have 53/udp and 53/tcp open.

Greetz,

Louis