[Samba] which DNS backend ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Feb 28 21:56:50 UTC 2016

Am 28.02.2016 um 22:22 schrieb John Gardeniers:
> Thanks Rowland. Perhaps because I expected these basic issues to have
> been resolved long ago I never thought to check the SOA records. You are
> perfectly correct - the second DC is not listed

since when is more than one NS listed in the SOA?

http://rscott.org/dns/soa.html

MNAME ("Primary NS") - This entry is the domain name of the name server
that was the original source of the data (this entry MUST be your
primary nameserver). This is your primary nameserver, and MUST be the
one and only server that you ever update. You must not update the
secondary server(s) -- they will update automatically, based on this the
SOA record. Problem? This should be a fully qualified domain name .