[Samba] Restoring single DC virtual machine

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Feb 21 19:31:59 UTC 2016

Hello Yvan,

Am 19.02.2016 um 11:01 schrieb yvan.masson at openmailbox.org:
> I plan to install one Samba4 DC on a virtual machine to provide services
> for
> less than 50 users:
>  - centralized authentication on 2 or 3 Linux servers
>  - LDAP authentication on an ownCloud server
>  - I do not think that I will join Windows computers to the domain, but
> maybe
> one day.

You'r AD is just an LDAP backend for users/authentication?

If you're having no clients (machine pw changes in the meantime) in that
domain and only one DC (replication issues), it should be fine when
restoring a snapshot. The only thing that could happen is, that users
may had changed their pw in the meantime.

Regards,
Marc