[Samba] vfs_fruit in 4.3.4 Directory Renames with Open Files Problem

Coan Dillahunty coan.dillahunty at tbwa.com
Mon Feb 8 17:04:50 UTC 2016

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for your help with this. I've filled a bug report for this--it's
bug 11721. I agree with the approach of adding an option to disallow
renames with open files until Apple ships a fix.

Interesting how CNIDs work with AFP and how that along with other things in
AFP explains why the renames work correctly over AFP, but not SMB.

Best regards,

Coan

--

Coan Dillahunty
North American Technical Director, TBWA

--

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to disclaimer at email-abuse.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.