[Samba] vfs_fruit in 4.3.4 Directory Renames with Open Files Problem

Ralph Boehme rb at sernet.de
Fri Feb 5 20:22:06 UTC 2016

Hi Coan,

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 02:39:55PM -0600, Coan Dillahunty wrote:
> Apple's SMB implementation in Server 5.0.15 on El Capitan 10.11.2 exhibits
> the same problem and I’ve opened a case with Apple about the issue (case
> 1029666009),

as previously discussed, we try to be bug compatible with Apple. ;)

The problem is, either way, allowing or not allowing directory renames
with open files, it's a bug for OS X clients. But given the impact of
allowing the rename, I think we should add an option to disallow them
as a workaround. This gives us time until Apple ships a fix.

Do we already have a bugreport for this, and if not, can you file one?

Btw, AFP references files and directories by catalog node IDs (CNIDs)
and not by path, so for this and other reasons they don't care about
renames.

-Ralph

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de,mailto:kontakt@sernet.de