[Samba] Samba4 problem with Wndows Domain Trust

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Dec 18 16:22:46 UTC 2016

Hello Josef,

Am 18.12.2016 um 15:39 schrieb Josef Wölfle via samba:
> We are running two windows domains, which trust each other.
>
> We have several RHEL6-Servers, which act as samba servers with windows
> domain authentication.
>
> Domain A is configured as realm in smb.conf.
>
> As long as we run samba3, all users from domain A and domain B are able
> to be authenticated. "wbinfo -g" lists all windows groups from domain A
> and domain B as well.
>
> If we update to samba4, the groups and users of domain B are not shown
> any longer. The users of domain B cannot be authenticated.

You are talking about samba3 and samba4. Can you please let us know the
exact version numbers, because, for example, Samba 4.0.0 was released 4
years ago and 4.5.2 is less than two weeks old. And Samba 3 versions
were shipped between 2003 and 2015. Detailed version information are
really helpful, because a lot of things were changed and parameters may
have new defaults meanwhile.

You are talking about "windows domains", so I guess that you are running
Windows DCs and your RHEL servers are just AD domain members.

Please give us some more details about the environment and let us see
your smb.conf file. I'm sure this helps a lot to find an answer. :-)

Regards,
Marc