[Samba] Samba4 problem with Wndows Domain Trust

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:35:24 UTC 2016

Are both samba3 and samba4 provided as RPM's or did you have to compile
one version?

The wbinfo command from samba3 will not work with samba4 server.

Does "wbinfo -i DOMAINX\userx" show uidNumber being assigned?

I compiled Samba 4.5.1 on solaris 11.  To join and AD domain I had to set

     client ldap sasl wrapping = plain
     ldap server require strong auth = no

Since samba4 was compiled in a separate directory I had to make sure
that "/usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1"  was symlinked to the Samba4
"../lib/nss_winbind.so.1" file for getent to work.