[Samba] Applying patches on bug fixes

lingpanda101 at gmail.com lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:35:24 UTC 2016

On 8/22/2016 9:55 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

> Are you asking because of a patch you're missing in a release?
>

> Regards,
> Marc
No. This is the first time I have applied a patch to Samba. Seeing as
how I find this particular patch as critical for my environment, I
didn't want to inadvertently break DNS updates on my next Samba update.

This patch shows two attachments. One for 4.3 and one for 4.4 cherry
picked from master. I take this as anytime someone updates 4.3 to a new
revision, they must apply this patch unless it's stated in a release note.

With respect to 4.4 cherry picked from master. I take this as any
revision update to 4.4, one must apply this patch unless stated in the
release notes. Going forward with 4.5 this patch is already included.

A bit confusing for me and wanted clarity for my sake. Thanks.

--
-James