[Samba] Applying patches on bug fixes

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 17:52:53 UTC 2016

Am 22.08.2016 um 16:35 schrieb lingpanda101--- via samba:
> This patch shows two attachments.

Are you talking about a patch file or a bug report? A patch is one or
more text files containing the before/after diff. It doesn't have any
attachments.

Can you send me the patch file / bugzilla link? This makes it easier to
see if we are talking about the same thing.

> One for 4.3 and one for 4.4 cherry
> picked from master. I take this as anytime someone updates 4.3 to a new
> revision, they must apply this patch unless it's stated in a release note.

If something was fixed in the master branch, the changes (commit) can be
cherry-picked to a release branch, like 4.4. This means that this update
is now part of the 4.4 code repository and the next time a 4.4 release
is created, it will be included.

Regards,
Marc