[Samba] Migration from samba3 to samba4 : PDC doesn't not appear in network

JB jb at eikeo.com
Thu Aug 4 10:12:42 UTC 2016

	Hello,

	I'm trying to migrate an old PDC controller running samba 3.0.4 to a
more decent server. Now, I use samba 4.2.10 (from debian/jessie).

	My smb.conf is :

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = CABINET
         realm = SYSTELLA.NET
         netbios name = CERVANTES
         security = user
         encrypt passwords = yes
         dns forwarder = 192.168.4.254
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         server string = %h server
         domain master = yes
         local master = yes
         domain logons = yes
         os level = 65
         logon path = \\%N\home\profile
         logon drive = Z:
         logon home = \\%N\home
         logon script = netlogon.cmd
         interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24 lo
         hosts allow = 192.168.0., 127.0.0.
         bind interfaces only = yes
         unix password sync = yes
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
         passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*        %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
         pam password change = yes
         vfs objects = acl_xattr
         map acl inherit = yes
         store dos attributes = yes
         winbind nss info = rfc2307
         winbind trusted domains only = no
         winbind use default domain = yes
         winbind enum users = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 50

[netlogon]
         comment = Network Logon Service
         guest ok = yes
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/systella.net/scripts
         read only = yes

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = yes

[home]
         comment = Répertoire privé
         path = /home/%u
         create mask = 0700
         directory mask = 0700
         browseable = yes
         writeable = yes

[partage]
         comment = Répertoire partagé
         path = /home/partage
         force create mode = 0666
         force directory mode = 0777
         writable = yes
         browseable = yes

[visiodent]
         comment = Visiodent
         path = /home/visiodent
         force create mode = 0666
         force directory mode = 0777
         writable = yes
         browseable = yes

and samba seems to be a active directory server. I have added without
error a workstation in this new domain. But I don't see controller in
network windows (I have tried from Windows XP). If I mannually run

net use X: \\cervantes\visiodent

I can add X: disk and all files from X: are browsable.

As server is not browsable, netlogon doesn't work as expected (I can
manually launch netlogon.cmd after successfully login).

I suppose I have done a mistake...

Any idea ?

Best regards,

JB