[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 18 10:58:29 UTC 2016

Ok, try this.

Gif the pc a uid and check again.
If it works then, its a share or security right.

Gpupdate /force works because at that point you "user"/user has a uid and gid.

The error occurs at start up because the COMPUTERNAME$ doent have access to that gpt.ini.

Resetting sysvol in that case doent help because the right on the gpt.ini is set by the group you assigned to the policy.
( so can be an inherrentance problem also )

Greetz,

Louis