[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Mon Apr 18 13:02:44 UTC 2016

Le 18/04/2016 12:58, L.P.H. van Belle a écrit :
> Ok, try this.
>
> Gif the pc a uid and check again.
> If it works then, its a share or security right.
>
> Gpupdate /force works because at that point you "user"/user has a uid and gid.

I don't think so, I launch gpupdate using local admin account, so as I
understand it, only computer account is used (since local admin as no
existence on the domain)

> The error occurs at start up because the COMPUTERNAME$ doent have access to that gpt.ini.

wbinfo -i COMPUTERNAME$ & wbinfo -r COMPUTERNAME$ correctly returns him
as member of domain computers (with proper gid) and a custom group to
which it was added

I added an uidNumber to the machine, should I explicitely add it to the
GPO access rights?

Regards