[Samba] kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MY.LOCAL.' while getting initial credentials

Lluís Danés lluisdanes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:40:34 UTC 2015

Well, I downloaded it manually without using git. I've compiled it with the
"--with-acl-support" because I thought it was not included as default (I
remember that I read it from the wiki that it was said to build samba by
yourself if you want to use windows ACL's). How can I see the default
options before run ./configure?

Otherwise, I've a dot on my realm MY.LOCAL. but it was a mistake when I
create this mail. I've the same problem without the dot. This dot was
introduced because I've tried it using a dot without success.   So if I've

/etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = MY.LOCAL
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

and then i run: kinit administrator at MY.LOCAL
I get: kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MY.LOCAL' while getting
initial credentials

Perhaps something was wrong during my compilation and kerberos fails. So
strange :S

Lluís Danés