[Samba] Cups printers autoloading and windows drivers

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 7 06:43:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

To you questions.
No, you dont install a driver on the client first
And yes, you need to setup the printer in Cups with RAW First.
Then i did the upload as shown here.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point'n'Print_automatic_printer_driver_deployment  I did not do the "On *nix"  !! only the "On Windows"

After the driver upload, you see that your printer is renamed, wait about 10-30 sec, then change the name back.

Yes, see my print job in the webpage of cups, i also keep a history of printed jobs.

The prints i do from my debian servers are lp commands, so just asci, no drivers involved here.
For Linux desktop, thats one i cant answere for you, i dont run Linux desktops here (yet).

Greetz,

Louis