[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 23 07:32:35 UTC 2015

Greetings, Viktor Trojanovic!

> The problem is not the GPO itself. The GPO containers are stored, as
> they should be, in the file system under sysvol/AD-DOMAIN/Policies, and
> they are being accessed correctly by the respective users and computers.

> Maybe my question isn't phrased perfectly but my problem is that any
> *computer GPO* that is accessing my file server (Samba Member), fails
> with an access denied error.

If GPO object accessing a network share is created in the "System" context,
the group "Domain Computers" must have access to the relevant network path.
(That means both the share itself and the path below.)

> To give you an example. I might have a
> startup script that is supposed to copy a file from the file server,
> let's say an MS Word template, to the AD computer.

Best to create shortcuts instead of copying templates.
Then you don't need to chase each system and it is not even a single
difference for the MS Office.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin