[Samba] CTDB and glusterfs

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Tue Nov 17 10:34:21 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a CTDB-Cluster together with GLusterFS. GlusterFS
is running great. CTDB can connect to the gluster-volume. I can store
files, using Windows or Linux, and set new acls on the commandline of
the cluster. BUT as soon as I try to set permissions via windows it
fails with "the request is not supported" I use "vfs objects =
acl_xattr". When I create a second share with "vfs objects = acl_tdb"
ist works, but I think storing ACLS in a TDB-file is no option for
large systems.

Here my setup:
Gluster-version: 7.6 from gluster.org
Samba-version: SerNet Samba 4.3.1

Here my smb.conf out of the regestry:
- ----------------
[global]
        workgroup = example
        netbios name = centos-c1
        security = ads
        realm = EXAMPLE.NET
        idmap config *:range = 10000-19999
        idmap config example:backend = rid
        idmap config example:range = 1000000-1999999
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind refresh tickets = yes