[Samba] preexec and msdfs proxy

Greg Enlow grenlow at hk.mailbox.de
Wed May 27 09:21:03 MDT 2015

Hi all,

I was going to ask one more tine before I walk away sad and depressed - any hope on finding out why our installation won't fire 'preexec' with 'msdfs proxy' activated?

'til then!
Greg Enlow

--

Greg Enlow
grenlow at hk.mailbox.de

On 18 May 2015, at 18:20, Jeremy Allison wrote:

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 03:31:55PM +0200, Greg Enlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Server to which the msdfs is pointing is a netapp. Though we theoretically can access the shell on it then begin to mess around there, we would really like to avoid that. Warranty and such make it a bit of a legal issue. That is the reason we went with a separate instance in the first place and now wonder why the preexec doesn't fire.
>
> There is nothing in tmp of the msdfs box.
>
> Like I asked before, is this by design? If not what can we do to get around playing with underwear of our netapp?
>
> Thanks!

At the SambaXP conference all this week, but I'll
try and find some time to look inside the code and
let you know !

Ping me again if I haven't replied by Friday :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.

Zu buchen bei Hegel & Koch - http://www.hk-online.de