[Samba] preexec and msdfs proxy

Greg Enlow grenlow at hk.mailbox.de
Thu May 21 14:41:17 MDT 2015

Hey,

thanks for the input.  We looked into that too.  However, the nfs mount comes with the rights it was mounted with and not with the ones on the netapp.  As we only use generic rights on the share and then do the fine granulation using NTFS ACEs as well as use ABE alot, the users would suddenly see and have access to much more than they should.  So that is not a viable path, sadly.  I had also attempted to mount the netapp file system (nfs or cifs) using the preexec when the share was accessed, using the rights of the user accessing, but I couldn't get access to the kerebos token to pass it through.  Played with that a long while, but it was a lost cause.

'til then,
Greg

--

Greg Enlow
grenlow at hk.mailbox.de

On 21 May 2015, at 08:53, Luca Olivetti wrote:

El 19/05/15 a les 21:38, Greg Enlow ha escrit:

> It is then simply a DFS server and not the "magical" msdfs proxy - yes the user can now click on a link to get to the desired spot, but the proxy function _automagically_ sends the user, when they access the msdfs share, to the netapp's readonly share without the extra click.

Not a solution to the msdfs problem but from the netapp you could export
the directory via nfs, mount it on the samba server an re-export it from
there as a samba share.
It will kill performance but since your users will eventually have to
use another share maybe it's not a big issue.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es