[Samba] preexec and msdfs proxy

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed May 27 23:51:17 MDT 2015

One more time:
root preexec does: run a command or script if the user hit the share. Now
with msdfs proxy it need to be run on the linked host that carries the
share. So you are better
to set root preexec on the share of the linked host. I think there is no
other way.

Server1
[sharepointtoserver2]
msdfs root=yes
msdfs proxy =\server2\shareonserver2

Server2
[shareonserver2]
Root preexec=.......................

Or mount the shareonserver2  on server1!!!!

Then do

[shareonserver2mountedonserver1]
Path to the mountpoint
Root preexec= nowiwillwork