[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Mar 30 03:21:38 MDT 2015

Hello,

I'm testing a classicupgrade using ubuntu 14.04 lts and the sernet samba
packages.
I also configured all other servers in the test network to use sssd,
leaving the domain controller last, but I see that sssd-ad cannot be
installed alongside sernet-samba.
I see that this isn't a new problem, lingering at least since December 2013:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-December/177449.html

The suggestion is to just compile samba from source, a practice that I'd
like to avoid this time.
I could also use samba as packaged by ubuntu, but it's 4.1.6 and it will
stay the same during the lts lifetime.
Nslcd works, I suppose that just installing the ldap backend of sssd
would also work, but I'd prefer to use the ad backend if at all possible.
Is there any hope to have this issue fixed? Where does one report bugs
in the sernet packaging?

TIA
--
Luca Olivetti