[Samba] Using samba4 with AD and rfc2307 - what are the *current* practices?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Dec 16 07:11:30 MST 2013

Hello,

Yes, there i reported 2 dependency problems, and sernet fixed them.

only 2 things left is the option to install sssd AND sernet-samba.

If i try that, all sernet-samba is remove.

apt-get install sernet-samba-winbind   ( missing net program from sernet-samba packages. )
	*  sernet-samba should be installed also with sernet-samba-winbind
	( same with sernet-samba-ad )
and

apt-get install sssd sssd-ad sssd-ad-common libndr-standard0 libndr0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
  keyutils
  libipa-hbac0 libsamba-util0 sssd-ipa sssd-krb5 sssd-krb5-common sssd-ldap sssd-proxy
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cifs-utils libwbclient0 sernet-samba sernet-samba-ad sernet-samba-client sernet-samba-common sernet-samba-libs sernet-samba-libsmbclient0 sernet-samba-libwbclient0 sernet-samba-winbind smbfs
  libipa-hbac0 libndr-standard0 libndr0 libsamba-util0 sssd sssd-ad sssd-ad-common sssd-ipa sssd-krb5 sssd-krb5-common sssd-ldap sssd-proxy
0 upgraded, 12 newly installed, 11 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,976 kB of archives.
After this operation, 42.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

the files libndr-standard0,libndr0, libsamba-util0,  are from  Candidate: 4.0.0~alpha18.dfsg1-4ubuntu2
maybe sernet can provide these also ?

system used ubuntu 12.04

best regards,

Louis