[Samba] Samba 4.1 gentent, ls, no display domain user name on Primary ACDC but wbinfo -u yes

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:42:50 MDT 2015

On 23/03/15 15:18, Jhon P wrote:
> Yes im see the same as you on the member, but not in the ADDC.
>
> A question, do you have idmap configs on the smb.conf of the ADDC?

No, I basically have what the provision provided, just the addition of
the template lines, the idmap config lines are only of use on a member
server, as far as I can see, that do nothing on a DC.

> Start again would be wonderful.
>
> But if I did that, then I can import the entire hierarchy of the domain?

No, sadly whilst you could dump the contents of AD to an ldif, this
wouldn't help you much, no passwords, the SID would be incorrect etc etc.

> I have many OU, Group Policy and around 300 users with homes and
> permissions on the directories.
>
> This can be a big problem for fix a litle problem, i cant do it.

Totally agree, a sledgehammer to crack a nut :-)
Just forget the DC for storing anything but authentication.

Rowland