[Samba] How to get rid of misspelled DNA entry?

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Fri Mar 6 05:02:49 MST 2015

Dear list,

I have a strange problem. In RSAT is had a typo when
adding a reverse lookup entry, i.e. I added something
like "host.samdo.com" instead of "host.samdom.com".
No a reverse lookup yields to entries, the correct one
and the misspelled one. :-(

Deleting it in RSAT is impossible, as the misspelled
entry doesn't show up here. Deleting in by samba-tool
is also not possible, as it states erroneously, that
the entry wasn't existent.

I experimented a bit: it isn't possible to even add
an reverse lookup entry with a misspelled domain name.
But it should be possible to delete that bogus entry
anyway.

How can I get rid of my "host.samdo.com" entry?

Thank You in advance! & Best regards
Peter