[Samba] How to get rid of misspelled DNA entry?

Sebastian Henrich sebastian.henrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:33:10 MDT 2015

Hi,

I found a way to delete these ghost entries. All you need is an LDAP
tool like Apache Directory Studio. Then you connect via LDAP to the AD.
Inside the LDAP tree is a subtree named msdns (or similiar, I'm not able
to access my workstation at the moment). There you can find the buggy
entry and delete it. Before deleting something it's perhaps a good idea
to make a backup of the samba configuration, especially the files under
/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d where the configuration is stored.

If you need a detailed howto or somebody wants to add this to the wiki,
let me know.

Regards

  Sebastian