[Samba] Next Problem: windows 10 as samba domain member

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Jul 9 15:49:36 UTC 2015

Hello Roland,

Am 09.07.2015 um 14:35 schrieb Roland Schwingel:
> I got windows 10 pro build 10159 running in a vm. I added the 2 well
> known registry changes I always add to windows 7 also to windows 10. So
> far so good. I joined the machine to my samba 4.2.2 PDC. Heureka! It
> worked smoothly. Now I try to logon with a domain user. On the login
> screen I see the error message:
>
> There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

I've renamed the old "Registry changes for NT4-style domains" page in
the wiki, because Win10 in an Samba NT4 domain requires also an smb.conf
setting. Otherwise you will stop at the "No logon servers available"
problem. To cover everything on one page, a page rename was required.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Required_settings_for_NT4-style_domains

Regards,
Marc