[Samba] Next Problem: windows 10 as samba domain member

Roland Schwingel roland.schwingel at onevision.com
Thu Jul 9 12:35:04 UTC 2015

Hi ...

After having a tough fight the last days with migrating from samba 3.6
to 4.2.2 in one network segment (see my previous posts) I am facing my
next problem:

Domain logons with windows 10 pro.

I got windows 10 pro build 10159 running in a vm. I added the 2 well
known registry changes I always add to windows 7 also to windows 10. So
far so good. I joined the machine to my samba 4.2.2 PDC. Heureka! It
worked smoothly. Now I try to logon with a domain user. On the login
screen I see the error message:

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

Ouch... I spent a bunch of time now trying to find a solution but with
no success. Netlogon appears to be fine.

Has anyone yet succeeded in using windows 10 as domain member with samba
4.2.2?

Here is the smb.conf of my PDC
(I still have to run samba 4.2.2 in NT4 style domain mode)
[global]
	unix charset = UTF-8
	workgroup = MYDOM
	server string = domaincontroller
	passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://localhost"
	log level = 3
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
	max log size = 500
	name resolve order = host bcast
	time server = Yes
	add machine script = /usr/local/samba/bin/createSambaMachineAccount.php
"%u"
	logon script = logonscripts/%U/logon.bat
	logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
	logon home =
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 66
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
	ldap group suffix = ou=groups
	ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,ou=samba
	ldap machine suffix = ou=computers,ou=samba
	ldap passwd sync = yes
	ldap suffix = dc=mydom,dc=com
	ldap user suffix = ou=people
	idmap config * : range =
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	create mask = 0755
	hide dot files = No
	map hidden = Yes
	csc policy = disable
	strict locking = No
	allow nt4 crypto = Yes

[netlogon]
	comment = PDC netlogon
	path = /PDC/netlogon
	browseable = No
	root preexec = /PDC/scripts/sambaCreateHomeAccounts.sh  "%u" "%g" "%H"
"%I" "%L"
	read only = yes

[profiles]
	comment = pdc profiles
	path = /PDC/profiles
	read only = No
	create mask = 0601
	directory mask = 0700

I can logon to my domain with this PDC server with all Windows Version
from XP up to 8.1 and 2012 R2 without problems.

Is anyone already running windows 10 as domain member within a samba 4
domain? What where the problems?

Thanks for all your help,

Roland