[Samba] Samba4 Sharing Issue

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:02:04 MST 2015

On 21/01/15 06:34, Srikanth v.s wrote:
> Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> On 13/01/15 11:48, srikanth <at> icat.ac.in wrote:
>>> Dear Samba Team,
>>>                   First of all Thank you for Implementing samba4 version
>>> with RSAT it was very useful in our environment.we have
>>> configured samba4 with RSAT in our college it was working
>>> for the past 5 to 6 weeks and then later we are facing the
>>> problem in accessing sharing folder i am getting error
>>> "security id structure is invalid" is there any solution
>>> for this problem...? please help me..
>>>

>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> srikanth v.s
>>>
>> Hmm, I think you mean that you are using samba4 in AD DC mode and have
>> configured it with RSAT running on a windows machine.
>>
>> Could you tell us what version of samba you are using and post your smb.conf
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Hi sir,
>

> We are using samba version (Version 4.3.0pre1-GIT-907094c), Here we are
> mentioned smb.conf file.

>   Global parameters
> [global]
>          workgroup = TRAINING2
>          realm = TRAINING2.COM
>          netbios name = SERVER2
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          vfs objects = dfs_samba4
>          vfs objects = acl_xattr
>          map acl inherit = yes
>          store dos attributes = yes
>          server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>          server services = +smb -s3fs
>          dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg +srvsvc
>          dcerpc endpoint servers = +epmapper, +dnsserver
>

> [netlogon]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/training2.com/scripts
>          read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>          read only = No
> [home]
>          path = /home/home
>          comment = home
>          read only = no
>          vfs objects = btrfs acl_xattr
>
> #[students backup]
> #       path = /disk2/homebak/students
> #       comment = students backup
> #       read only = no
> #       vfs objects = btrfs acl_xattr
>
> #[staff backup]
> #       path = /disk2/homebak/staff
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Srikanth V.S

Hmm, another person who has not read the samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Obtaining_Samba

Warning: Never install a development version in production! It may
contain untested features and can cause damages to your installation!
Development releases are for testing purposes only!

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO

We do not recommend using the Domain Controller as a file Server. This
is due to issues with the winbind internal to the Domain Controller. The
recommendation is to run separate file or Member Servers.

Also by adding the adding the next two lines:

vfs objects = dfs_samba4
vfs objects = acl_xattr

The first turns off the (required) defaults, the second turns off the first!

Rowland