[Samba] Samba4 Sharing Issue

Srikanth v.s srikanth at icat.ac.in
Tue Jan 20 23:34:50 MST 2015

Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> On 13/01/15 11:48, srikanth <at> icat.ac.in wrote:
> > Dear Samba Team,
> >                  First of all Thank you for Implementing samba4 version
> > with RSAT it was very useful in our environment.we have
> > configured samba4 with RSAT in our college it was working
> > for the past 5 to 6 weeks and then later we are facing the
> > problem in accessing sharing folder i am getting error
> > "security id structure is invalid" is there any solution
> > for this problem...? please help me..
> >

> > Thanks & Regards
> > srikanth v.s
> >

> Hmm, I think you mean that you are using samba4 in AD DC mode and have
> configured it with RSAT running on a windows machine.
>
> Could you tell us what version of samba you are using and post your smb.conf
>
> Rowland

Hi sir,

We are using samba version (Version 4.3.0pre1-GIT-907094c), Here we are
mentioned smb.conf file.

 Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TRAINING2
        realm = TRAINING2.COM
        netbios name = SERVER2
        vfs objects = dfs_samba4
        vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = yes
        store dos attributes = yes
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
        server services = +smb -s3fs
        dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg +srvsvc
        dcerpc endpoint servers = +epmapper, +dnsserver

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/training2.com/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No
[home]