[Samba] Can't create users with RSAT - "An error occurred. Contact you system administrator"

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Mon Feb 2 05:00:33 MST 2015

Hello,

I set up a new AD with the Sernet Samba 4.1 packages. I did the provisioning
with "samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive". I checked the
dc, ldap, kerberos and dns services under linux. Everything seems to work
fine.

Then I join a Windows 8.1 Enterprise running in as VM to the domain and login
as administrator of the domain. When I install the RSAT and try to create a
domain user I'm getting the error "An error occurred. Contact you system
administrator". But I'm able to create groups and OUs.
Under Linux the user creating is working. If I set the UNIX attributes for the
group, I'm getting the hint "Execution denied" (translated from German).

I tried every hint that I found on google.
- Try with a different account with domain admin rights.
- Delete the admin local profile folder.
- Reinstall all OS and start new.

Nothing changed.

Does anyone have an idea what else to try?

Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe