[Samba] After joining domain, Samba uses the workgroup name, not the FQDN when running the net ads command

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Dec 4 09:21:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-04 10:11, Rowland penny wrote:
> I still think it is his weird dns setup, were he has a dnsmasq server
> replicating what the DCs know (or is supposed to). I think the sheer
> fact that he didn't know what lmhosts is, says a lot.

We're using such a setup in production without any problems. How about
less wild blind guessing and user shaming, and more actual help?

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at